Looking After You
Our health and wellbeing programme has been going since 2005 and is one of the largest NHS programmes in the country. We want to support you to improve your physical and emotional wellbeing, helping you to lead a healthy lifestyle – and have fun along the way!
- On site fitness classes, staff access to our physio department gyms outside of clinic times, running courses, walking challenges, netball team and community discounts
- Wellbeing therapies
- Support to staff via our telephone helpline, Occupational Health and staff support groups
- Staff physiotherapy service and access to Nottingham Back & Pain Team
- A wide range of cycling activities and support for those cycling to work
- Support to make healthy lifestyle changes
- Know your Numbers staff health checks
- Health events
Are you Part of #TeamNUH and need support?
You can ring HELP for free as an employee, confidential advice and support at any time night or day on 0800 954 8148.
Calling Nurses, Midwives and Healthcare Assistants
Do you find it hard to plan your meals around working shifts? Struggle to get your sleep pattern right when working nights? Or want to know more about your workplace rights around breaks and shift work?
This online e-learning package has useful information about maintaining mental and physical wellbeing during work as a nurse or midwife, in particular for those working shifts.
If you complete the package (which should take approx. 40 mins) together with the questionnaires at the beginning and the end, a professional development certificate will be sent via email for your portfolio, and you will be entered into a prize draw to win a £40 John Lewis voucher.
Certificates will only be sent to those who complete the final evaluation questionnaire. If you don’t complete the questions at the end, you won’t receive the certificate.
Please note that the tool is not supported on internet explorer. It works on any other browser, including Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome, Opera etc.